Sunday, January 17, 2010

Spanish Tuna Melt


Ingredients:
1 can tuna in water
3 to 4 tablespoons of Mayo
1/2 a roma tomato, diced
1 jalepeno (diced)
3 tablespoons red onion diced
salt & pepper
4 slices of sourdough bread
butter
garlic powder
4 slices of cheese for topping each toast
Directions:
Spread 1 side of each slice of bread and sprinkle with garlic powder, place buttered side down on a cookie sheet (I lined mine with foil)
Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl and salt/pepper to taste. Spread a thin layer on each slice of bread. If it isn't thin the bread will burn and the cheese will melt before the tuna melt gets warm.
Top each toast with a slice of cheese. Today I used American but usually if I have it I prefer cheddar or provolone.
Broil until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
You have you're choice of eating this a toast (slider) or putting two together to make a sandwich (which is what I did in the picture)
Enjoy!

No comments: