Thursday, June 26, 2008

Penny's Pretzel Salad


Ok I must admit I googled this picture. The last two times I've made this recipe it's been totally so I could eat the whole dish myself and not because I wanted to give it a photo opp. This is a recipe I vividly remember from my childhood. Recently someone else made it at a BBQ and I had a great childhood flashback. So I thought I'd share it for all to enjoy.
Crust:
2 ½ cups crushed pretzels
3 T sugar
½ cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix all ingredients and spread in a 9 x 13 pan.Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
8 oz. cool whip
Blend all topping ingredients.Spread on top of baked crust.
Jello Topping:
1 (6 oz) pkg. strawberry jello
2 cups water
1 (16 oz) pkg. frozen strawberries
Boil water and mix with strawberry jello.Add frozen strawberries.Let jello cool slightly and begin to gel.Pour strawberry mixture on top of cream cheese mixture.Chill.

No comments: